As much as we love and recognise the value of video content, we can not ignore the value of interactive video. Normal video tries to talk to all types of customers at once and has one call to action, interactive video changes this.
More and more brands are recognising the value of customising experiences for their clients. The way you can do this on your website is by the use of interactive video. Think of interactive video like a choose your own adventure book in video form.
Two big reasons to use interactive video.
1. It shows that your brand understands their customers and wants to provide a personalised experience for them.
2. Research has shown that people are more likely to continue watching video content if they are able to interact with it.
Research from Mobilemarketer shows that interactive video ads boost viewing time by 47%. Rapt Media found that Interactive video has delivered Click-Through Rates as high as 20%, compared to an average of 1-2% for linear video.
Personalised content and call to action motivates viewers to click through and learn more. Interactive video also gives you valuable data regarding your users, with each choice that they make. This will help you refine your content to help your customer further.
If you own a gym for example there may be differences in how your training works for young people versus older people- those groups of people want very different things. By asking a simple question you can show each different group content on your website that is relevant to them.
We design interactive video with your brand strategy and goals for the video in mind, alongside your users experience.
To maximize the impact of interactive videos, we use the following best practices:
1. Develop your Interactive Video Strategy:
Define clear goals, target audience personas, and metrics for success. Identify the most suitable interactive features based on your objectives and audience preferences.
2. Create your Interactive Video Content:
Craft compelling narratives that align with your brand’s voice and values. Design intuitive and visually appealing interactive elements that enhance the storytelling. Test the interactive video on multiple devices and platforms to ensure seamless functionality.
3. Measuring the Success of your Interactive Videos:
Track key metrics such as engagement rates, completion rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates. Analyse user behavior data to gain insights into viewer preferences, interactions, and pain points. You receive a report on these metrics.
Interactive video starts at $1,500 is quoted according to complexity, length and whether we are required to shoot specific footage. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can provide a custom quotation.
The two most common questions regarding Interactive Video we are asked are:
1. Can I put this on Facebook?- this is the number one question we get asked with respect to interactive video and the answer is NO you can’t. Don’t pout Facebook does have a polls feature. The reason for this is interactive video utilises HTML5 and can only be displayed where this format is supported. You need the video to be on your own website or funnel so you have control over it, this way it can’t be altered or shut down by a 3rd party such as Facebook.
2. Do I need to download anything?- no you don’t we will embed the interactive video on your website for you (this doesn’t effect your host data as we host it for you).